Been busy busy busy shifting and settling up my new home and finishing a Yoga teacher certification course. Which is why I've been away from my blog since few weeks. Now my new kitchen is ready for me to cook :) and I am excited to get started.
Coconut macaroons is my recently discovered favorite thing to munch :). Its quick to make & needs minimal ingredients. Just simple coconut macaroons taste lovely by themselves. I just got curious and wanted to mix up a few flavors :). Crisp on the outside and coconut-ty inside. A lovely snack along with your evening chai! Pretty simple and flavorful. Hope you like it!
For me these Macaroons taste best crisp and fresh out of oven. However if you make a big batch and store, then just warm them a bit in a preheated oven and they are crisp again!
Makes - 15 small macaroons
1 cup desiccated coconut
1/3 cup Pumpkin Puree
1/2 tsp cinnamon pwd
3 Tbs Jaggery syrup
2 Tbs Rice Flour
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
1 Tbs crushed pistachio
1 Tbs choco chips - For topping
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
3. Prepare pumpkin puree with steamed pumpkin.
4. Mix 2 tbs crushed Jaggery with 3 tbs warm water to make jaggery syrup.
5. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl to get a coarse sticky dough. If the dough feels too soft and cant hold shape add more coconut to firm it up.
6. Use a scoop tablespoon and fill it completely with the mixture. Press down the mixture firmly into the scoop and remove extra. Use a thin device to slide the shaped dough out of the scoop mould.
7. Line the baking sheet with macaroons and decorate on top with chocolate chips.
8. Bake for 10-15 minutes till edges are slightly golden brown.
9. Cool for sometime before transferring to cooling rack.
10. Scrape from parchment paper and serve.